- I like to have an initial interview, for both of us to see that we’re a good fit. We will also discuss my services and fees, and sign a service agreement.
- Once an agreement is signed, I am reachable via email, Skype, and/or phone (including text messages) to provide you with support before you go into labor.
- I will schedule at least 1 prenatal visit with you to discuss your birth plan and wishes for your birth, and to go over any questions and concerns you may have.
- I will be available to you from the time of active labor to the first successful breastfeeding after labor (usually 1-2 hours after the birth). This is subject to the duration of your labor. If your labor is long, I may need to take time to rest or call in a back-up support doula.
- I will contact you by phone 1-2 days following the birth to check on you and your baby. I will briefly review your labor and birth with you, and also answer any questions you may have.
- I will visit you once during the postpartum period to review the birth experience, clarify events surrounding the birth, address any further questions or concerns, and to get feedback from you about my role as your doula.
I operate on a sliding scale that averages $650.
If you are unable to pay the full price, I am willing to work with you to come to an agreement that we can both feel comfortable about. I am also open to partial bartering in some situations, as I realize this can be beneficial for both of us.
I will waive my fee for these special circumstances:
- Adoption: In the event of the birthing mother is giving the baby as a precious gift, then my birth services are also gifted.
- Military: If the partner is away making a sacrifice for our country and our freedom, then I will also offer my service to you.
A retainer is due at the time of signing our agreement. The remaining balance is due 2 weeks prior to your due date.
A La Carte:
- I will assist you in writing a birth plan for your use during labor and birth. This process usually takes about 2-3 hours, and the fee is $50.